History of CAR
1893: Grand Rapids Real Estate Agents meet weekly to share listing information.
1943: Commercial members begin participating in a mandatory listing submission MLS.
1970's: Commercial/Industrial Practitioners meet monthly at Holly‘s Landing for Education and Networking
1992: An exclusively commercial MLS program is developed for the Grand Rapids Association of REALTORS® commercial membership
2002: Development of the Commercial Alliance of REALTORS® as an unincorporated division of GRAR begins
Dec 2002: Adoption of CAR Bylaws and Policies at first CAR membership meeting
2003: First Board of Directors is installed. First Semi-Annual Dues Billing is conducted.
2006: National Association of REALTORS® approves CAR‘s application to become a recognized association.
2008:CAR earns REALTOR® Commercial Alliance Accreditation from National Association of REALTORS®
2012: CAR establishes its offices in downtown Grand Rapids, at 678 Front St. NW, Ste. 257
2016: CAR recognized by State Association, MI REALTORS, for its advocacy contribution.