The Winter Lunch-n-Learn series concluded Thursday with an excellent panel discussion of available economic development tools that may be of interest to REALTOR’s clients.
Thank you, Travis Alden (The Right Place), Sarah Rainero (MEDC) and Brooke Oosterman (Housing Next) for providing the following links containing more program details:
- The Revitalization And Placemaking (RAP) regional grant that supports nine public spaces projects across four counties – https://link.edgepilot.com/s/42d2c97d/GqxcWBrDV0umf3XFzpgkxw?u=https://www.rightplace.org/news/the-right-place-inc-distributes-3-6m-in-revitalization-and-placemaking-program-funding-for-9-regional-placemaking-projects
- MEDC fact sheet for the Strategic Site Readiness Program: https://link.edgepilot.com/s/380e5251/M6S6_82T2k6n4V0V69c49w?u=https://www.michiganbusiness.org/48fd7b/globalassets/documents/reports/fact-sheets/strategic-site-readiness-program-guidelines.pdf
Redevelopment Ready Communities – To be vibrant and competitive, Michigan communities must be ready for development. This involves planning for new investment and reinvestment, identifying assets and opportunities, and focusing limited resources. Redevelopment Ready Communities® attract and retain businesses, offer superior customer service and have a streamlined development approval process making pertinent information available around-the-clock for anyone to view.
- Revitalization and Placemaking grants – coming soon! https://link.edgepilot.com/s/c99265d3/ImvdJ0KrWkybkdIeNww-ig?u=https://www.michiganbusiness.org/rap/2/
- Michigan Housing Tools Summary
- Ottawa and Kent County Housing Needs Assessments https://link.edgepilot.com/s/5d080a1b/PJf0E-6_2U6gL8oTTPyDIg?u=https://www.housingnext.org/housing-needs-assessment