NAR’s latest Commercial Real Estate Outlook offers overall projections for four major commercial sectors and analyzes quarterly data in the office, industrial, retail and multifamily markets.
- Commercial real estate in small cap markets maintained its upward momentum during the first half of 2016, with REALTORS® reporting continued improvement in fundamentals and investment sales.
- The proportion of members who closed deals in the second quarter of 2016 advanced to 66 percent, from 58 percent in the first quarter.
- The direction of commercial business opportunities during the second quarter of 2016 rose 5.6 percent from the prior quarter.
- Commercial real estate sales in large cap markets declined in the first half of 2016 (H1.2016), due to a weak first quarter.
- The volume of commercial sales in LCRE markets totaled $219.2 billion in H1.2016.